- Check content is appropriate
- Check content is interesting
- Ensure author's name is present (in bold)
- Adjust if necessary the font face and font size
- Check and correct where necessary spelling, punctuation, paragraph structure, style etc.
- If a photo is present, check and adjust if necessary the positioning, size, margins etc
- If necessary, rename the image file to have format YYMMDD xxxx (e.g. 160529 Ellaston)
- If the article is lengthy, consider breaking with the "Read More" marker
- Ensure no blank lines have been left at the end of the article
- Check Alias is appropriate
- Assign article to the appropriate Category. Within Blog, there are various sub-categories, these allow a visitor to the web site to filter by their chosen sub-category (e.g. just blogs about full-day walks)
- If the article in question should not be visible after a particular date, for example because it is for a social event, set the Finish Publishing date using the Publishing tab
- Check that the article appears in the correct sequence relative to others - if necessary adjust the Date Created or Date Published.
A limited number of fonts are available, see Font faces.
Various pre-determined Styles are available, see the Article RA Typography
Sequencing of Articles
Forthcoming Events - As they are sequenced by published date, oldest first, the "Start publishing" date should be set to 6 months before the "End publishing" date. This way, they will always appear in the correct order, regardless of when they were created.